Finally, another baking day for me. It was so tempted to try out these two recipes.
All I can said, the oreo cheese cake is perfect, but the brownie need to reduce the portion of sugar.
The recipe of oreo cheese cake is from Elin. You can have a look of her blog. 🙂
- 42 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreos, 30 left whole and12 coarsely chopped
- 900 gram of cream cheese
- 1 table spoon pure vanila extract
- 4 large eggs (room temperature) lightly beaten.
- 230 gram of sour cream
- 200g of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F . Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie filled cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate ( in tins) at least 4 hours ( or up to overnight) Remove from tins just before serving.
My sister already eaten one while it was out from the oven. =_=”’ . And she said it tasted very nice too. (I am not sure weather she was too hungry that time. )
As for this recipe, it was adapted from Joy of cooking .
(113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
(115 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
(300grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
(65 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Layer:
(227 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
(65 grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
ream Cheese Brownies:Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Have ready a9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) square baking pan that has been lined with aluminum foil across the bottom and up two opposite sides of the pan.
In a stainless steel (heatproof) bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well (with a wooden spoon) after each addition. Stir in the flour and salt and beat, with a wooden spoon, until the batter is smooth and glossy and comes away from the sides of the pan (about one minute). Remove 1/2 cup of the brownie batter and set it aside. Place the remainder of the brownie batter evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
Then, in the bowl of your food processor (or with a hand mixer), process the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until creamy and smooth. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the brownie layer. Spoon small dollops of the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the cream cheese filling. Then with a table knife or wooden skewer, swirl the two batters without mixing them.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan and the edges of the brownies are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate the brownies until they are firm enough to cut into squares (at least two hours). Once chilled, remove the brownies from the pan by lifting with the ends of the foil and transfer to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares. It is a good idea to have a damp cloth nearby to wipe your knife between cuts. These brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Makes about 16 – 2 inch squares.
P/S: Still remembered the post that I written for my first SOLD apple pie ? If you had forgotten is okie. Just never thought that my young fans said that , if i am opening a bakery shop. He sure will drop by every day . ( If i tell you I was quite calm when i heard this, definitely i was cheating you. hehehe… in fact , I was overwhelming and with blushed face when my sister told me this. ) Thanks for the complement little handsome. Will reward you with apple pie when i get back to KL. Yeah. this complement also another motivation for me. 🙂